The skiing in Telluride is world-class and incredible. Aside from the jaw-dropping beauty, the ski mountain offers a true mix of skiing for all levels of skiers thanks to a great selection of runs. What makes my heart go pitter-patter is that even beginners and intermediates can ride to the highest peaks and enjoy spectacular views which are usually only reserved for skiers who are the best of the best.
Here are some facts about the Telluride mountain:
1. The skiable Terrain is 2,000 acres and there are 125 trails with fun names like See Forever, Kant- Mak-M, Satisfaction and Holy Cow! My favorite is See Forever (because you can).
2. The longest run, Galloping Goose, is 4.6 miles. I can feel my quads burning right now.
3. Beginner trails = 23%, Intermediate trails = 36%, Advanced trails = 41%
4. There are 18 total lifts including two high-speed gondolas and 7 high-speed quads.
5. Vertical drop is 4,425 feet.
6. Elevation at the base is 8,725 feet and lift-served elevation is 12,570. Breathe deep. All you can smell is pure mountain air.
7. Lift capacity is 22,386 skiers per hour. Telluride is famous for its lack of lift lines.
8. With a 50” base and 116” of snow so far this season (as of February 3, 2012) the conditions are fabulous!
Enjoy a trip to Telluride this winter by checking the Heart of Telluride lodging calendar and booking your dates now. Here’s where you really pay attention: If you mention our blog and book any seven winter nights in the penthouse, we’ll treat you to dinner at The Sheridan Chop House with a $150.00 gift card. If you book the condo for any seven winter nights, a $100.00 gift card to the Chop House will be yours. Great skiing and great food – what a deal!