Indulge yourself in all things Telluride. I wanted to share five of my favorite ways to relax and enjoy this incredibly beautiful mountain town.
- Mosey on down to The Steaming Bean and enjoy a big cup of organic, locally roasted coffee and, my favorite, a bacon, egg and cheese bagel. Yummy!
- Take a walk on the wild side and hike to Bridal Veil, Colorado’s longest free-flowing waterfall. On the way from downtown Telluride, you’ll pass the park (listen for the river) and you’ll eventually run upon a meandering, scenic walking trail. Don’t stop here! Keep going (through the gate) and then head to the falls.
- Park yourself on a bench on Main Street (aka Colorado Avenue) and check out the dogs. It seems everybody in Telluride has at least one unusual dog – and the dogs are out in force each day visiting with one another and getting a little exercise. One day I saw a dog with a cat and a mouse riding on its back. Really, no joke! Obviously, the owners are sometimes pretty interesting, too.
- If your sweet tooth is calling, drop by Telluride Truffle in the Nugget Building on Fir Street. Their truffles are the best I’ve ever let melt in my mouth. I’ve also fallen in love with a cookie they call The Perfect Cookie. Believe me, it is.
- Go to the corner of Fir and Colorado Avenue and look uphill to the north. At the top of the hill is the Telluride Historical Museum, a delightful place to learn about the fascinating history of Telluride. Great for kids, too!
For more fun things to see and do in Telluride, look on our website under the About Telluride tab where we have organized everything for your convenience. You will find everything from upcoming events, fitness, beauty and spas services, summer activities for kids and much, much more.
Enjoy the day!